Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the one about a Season Finale

I'm only 22 (and three quarters), but I've been around the block enough times to know that life comes in seasons. "I feel change comin." --Lisa Gungor. This season is coming to an end.

And it's a good thing. God can't take me anywhere new if I've got my fingernails dug into the old with some kind of death grip. I'm so crazy blessed, and I'm staying in the area when I graduate, so I'll see a lot of my friends, still. But I can't help being sad and nervous.

Right now, I'm totally into new shows Glee and Modern Family. Glee has a small, but loyal cult following and Modern Family is the funniest new show on TV. (Community? Gag me. It's ridiculously unfunny... and I've been to community college!) Both shows are in their first seasons; neither is doing exceptionally well. I think of these shows and wonder where their future lies? Will they go on? Or will production cease at the end of Season 1? Some shows, i.e. personal faves LOST (Kate, marry me) and The Office (Pam, marry me), do well and their season finales launch the viewers into a prolonged angsty wait for the next season's premiere.

I want my season finale to be good one. One that launches me into the premiere of my next season. But right now, I've got some lions in the way: I still don't know where I'm going to live or where my money is going to come from, physically speaking.

Welcome to the life of an artist, right? *scoffs*

And I feel almost debilitated in acting on my future by not knowing these things. Freakin... ugh. Well, today, I decided that I can continue while not knowing. That's called faith. So, I signed up to audition tomorrow for Musical Theatre Repertory's winter production of Urinetown. Should be interesting.

Also, yesterday, the director of our dance show, Miranda Garrison, who "loves my work ethic" and cries a lot out of deep feeling, basically told me that I don't need to worry about breaking "in" to the industry. She said an agent will come in due time and that being "in" is a mindset.

Veddy eenterestingk. *smiles at typing in dialect*

Well, this artist needs to nap, shower, and go to rehearsal, so... until next time. =)

A mere mortal

From the City of Angels

Livin his dream

No comments:

Post a Comment